Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Monkey on Your Back

Ever have that feeling that you have a * Ooo Ooo Ah Ah * Monkey on your back?
I do. Quite often, actually.
His name is the Wee 'Lil Radar Man.
Every time I get to the Push Up part of my Grrr-ness 
I hear this excited giggle and cute baby gibber gabber 
and the *thump thump thump* of excited hands and feet headed my way.
25 extra pounds dumps on my back as I try my hardest to keep on going. 
*OUCH!* 
What is it about Push Up's and Ab workouts that magnetize my kiddoz to me when they're babies?
And it's not just my babies.
My dogs do it as well. 
Cold wet noses touching my face and doing their darndest to flip my hand onto their heads so I'll scratch that unreachable spot.
If you were ever to work out with me at my place, you'd die of laughing. 
Never a dull moment.
But I'm so happy that I got to sweat in my "Pj's" 
(I actually caved and bought a pair of yoga-ish pants...I don't do workout clothes. It just hasn't made sense to me when I have old t-shirts and shorts that do the trick. But these were a KILLER deal and are just amazing.)

I did two sets of this work out off of Go Big or Go Home's blog.
I'm running and doing the elliptical later tonight when the Hubby is home and I can get it done yo.
I love this workout! If you've got 15-30 minutes do it! And if you can, do it consistently! You'll see results! 
AND NO CHEATING! You only cheat yourself if you don't keep it up! 
DON'T STOP! 
Slow down or do a modified version of the workout 
(ex: knee push up instead of the regular push up)
if you need to. But PUSH yourself. Tell yourself that you CAN keep going! 
The pain is only in your head! You'll feel so good afterwards! 

P.S. 
Sadly, I didn't sweat yesterday. 
I went and spent the day with my very very good friend (she's family). 
I only have so much time left here...gotta soak it in when I can now. 
Thus Post-poning my workout for darker hours when the wee chitlins would be counting sheep...but my baby started puking so it didn't happen. These things happen. A lot more often than usual. But with 4 other people (and 2 dogs...they count) to look after other than myself...and NO gym membership...odds are, it's gonna happen more than usual. So I got 1/2 of todays in a little earlier. 

Soooo GO
get cho burn on! It's Grrr time baby! 

- Syndee

No comments:

Post a Comment