Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Me, Lazy?!

So I could write about how horribly lazy I am for not fitting in my workouts this week
...yet.
But ya know - I'm really not that lazy.
I really enjoy my time with my Sexee Hubby & my kiddoz & my friends & the artsy-ness.
Excellent excuse to miss a sweaty Pj moment.
Wouldn't you say?
 The day started off super early and I took advantage of it to finish up my copper rings I made Saturday.
 (I get in these artsy zones and can't stop til I'm satisfied)

Today was definitely one of those days! 
(This is my 'lil Radar this weekend, showing off what boys are made of. So cute!)
It was just so pretty outside 70
PERFECT play weather!!!
As if by magic, I opened my front door almost the same time as our neighbor 
across the street. 
My son had been dying to play with his best friend.
And * poof * there he was!
All childlike enthusiasm shot through the air like lightning and that was it...
there was no turning back! 
We had surrendered all indoor obligations to the weather.
So we played and played and played...
And Mindy & I finally got to paint those ceramic bowls. 
In short spurts...but we got 'em done! 
This is what happens when you have 6 kids running around while you try to meticulously 
paint a bowl.
(it only took allllll afternoon...but it was FUN!)
My 'lil Radar finally decided enough was enough!
He was hungry & tired. 
"Enough with the artsy-ness woman! You must do nothing else but hold me!"

(You can't see his face, but he's yelling at me...non-stop)
Thank you Mindy for the pic ;)

But I just had to finish my butterfly. Who knew when I'd get the time to work on it again!
So after he clearly stated how "done" I was,
(Plus it was dinner time)
we called it a day and had to pry the kids apart.
(My daughter physically droops when she can't play with her BFF anymore *sad*)
It was so amazing to have a play day! 
No dishes!
No Laundry!
No Sweeping/Moping!
No Cabin Fever!
Just a "me/us" day!
THANK YOU MINDY!
I never think I ever deserve a "me" day...
but who cares about deserving, the weather was just too awesome and the look on my sons face when he saw his friend was enough to let the obligations melt away.
So no workout for me today.
I promise to have interesting and productive news for you tomorrow! 

No sweatin' in the Pj's for Monday or Tuesday!
Bring on Hump day!! 
Grrrrrr!!

Night!
:)
Syndee

2 comments:

  1. "LAZY" is the LAST word I'd use to describe you!
    SUCH a fun day! Good for our Sanity!
    I'm trying to fight the temptation to make cookie dough and go to the gym following Elisabeth Hasselbeck's work-out routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syndee I'm so proud of myself I got 3 bike rides in this week! Not much, but it's a start for me. Especially since I got weighed at the dr.'s office on Monday...Seriously??? I weigh that much??

    ReplyDelete